The Children’s Agenda (‘CA’) run by UNICEF and several NGO’s in Tanzania offers various internship and volunteering opportunities for local Tanzanian and participants. Art in Tanzania is implementing the program in Zanzibar Stone Town, Kinondoni District in Dar es Salaam, in Moshi and Karatu at N’grorongoro.
The TOP Ten Investments for the Children’s Agenda define the core messages and focus of the Children’s Agenda. The Top Ten were identified following a consultation process involving children in many regions as well as with government, CSO and other partners. The Top Ten Investments include:
1. Invest to Save the Lives of the Children and Women
2. Invest in Good Nutrition
3. Invest in Better Hygiene and Sanitation in Schools and Health Facilities
4. Invest in Early Childhood Development
5. Invest in Quality Education for All Children
6. Invest to Make Schools Safe
7. Invest to Protect Infants and Adolescent Girls from HIV
8. Invest to Reduce Teenage Pregnancy
9. Invest to Protect Children from Violence, Abuse, and Exploitation
10. Invest to Children Disabilities
Read more about UNICEF Projects in Tanzania!