By Godfrido Mallua – Art in Tanzania internship
Then, GOD said Let Us make man in our image according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air and over cattle, over all earth and over creeping thing that creeps on the earth. So GOD created man in His own image, in the image of GOD he created him; male and female. Then GOD blessed them, be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves on the earth.
Recently the world has observed human activities that contribute on environmental destruction and leads to climate change. This situation has much been contributed by a lot of factors, some to be Demographically, Politically, Economically etc. Though different initiatives are continuing embarked by government, society, multiple organizations but still the nature and living organism reported to be at high risk of being exposed to unsafe living environments
What should be a man continuing effort on earth protection?
Man efforts depends on several factors which lies behind the policies made by those in power that enforce every human being take responsibility to protect our nature as per country regulation. But also policies itself are never enough to bring change, it also demand self awareness and self initiatives of every human to support those initiatives up on nature protection wisely and meet the will of GOD.
Some efforts which can be embarked by each member of community on protection are elaborated below…
- Reduce, reuse and recycle: Cut down on what you throw away. Follow the three Rs to conserve natural resources and landfill space
- Volunteer: Volunteer for cleanups in your community. You can get involved in protecting your watershed too
- Educate: When you further your own education, you can help others understand the importance and value of our natural resources.
- Conserve water: The less water you use, the less runoff and wastewater that eventually end up in ocean
- Shop wisely: Buy less plastic and bring a reusable shopping bag
- Use long lasting light bulbs: Energy efficient light bulbs reduce greenhouse gas emissions, also flip the lights switch off when you leave the room
- Plant trees: Trees provide food and oxygen. They help save energy, clean the air and help combat climate change
- Limit industrial sewage towards water sources: sewage contain a lot of chemicals of which tend to pollute water and even kills living organisms found in water sources
- Bike more drive less
- Discourage fire burning into farms and forest areas, illegal pouching, deforestation etc
Photo: climbing man around the mountain forests
Tunza mazingira Yakutunze… DBE Jane Goodall Nobel Prize, Un Peace Ambassador once said.